Monday, August 13, 2007

A Legend has left us, the last, great Mike Wieringo.



I was blog surfing tonight when i saw the headline that Comic book artist Mike Wieringo passed away. i am shock and very sadden by this, Mike was one of my idols. He was just amazing to me, i never met him but i feel like a family member has left me. He was a artist that was truth to himself and craft. he will be miss, rest in peace Mike, all your fans miss you and a little piece of all of us died with him today, but he will live on though his work, the stories of others, and what he did for the comic art world.
Bye 4 now my friend.

Mike Wieringo
1963-2007

1 comment:

Pointpusher said...

Sad news indeed when an artist we admire dies. I was not familiar with Mr. Wieringo's work, but looked him up after seeing this post. He was a talented man indeed. R.I.P.

On a side note, the illustration headlining this post is really great man.