Saturday, June 23, 2007

graffiti, MOCCA,Bluesky artist, traveling sketchbook, and Baseball!!!







Here are some things i was working on. i saw on shane prigmore blog that he came up with some baseball players, so i thought that would be fun to draw so i draw a player late that night at around 2:00 in the morning and the other drawings come from my little sketchbook, it is my travel sketchbook and these were draw that i did on the train or playing around at like 2:00 in morning again. maybe i should always draw in the late night. also today i went to the MOCCA event and met a gang of great guy's like Michael Knapp ( who is really kickass artist), Vincent and Peter Nguyen (these two guys make drawing seem so easy), Robert Mackenzie ( who is just amazing and really cool), Willie Real (who is amazing, cool, and gave me some great tips to grow as a artist), and Nash Dunnigan ( who i have so much in common with and had a really long and fun talk with about Graffiti). It was also amazing to see how so many artist love and know so much about graffiti art. see, i started drawing because of graffiti and it is in my blood, just love it and what it stands for, freedom and love of art. well today was a long post but i hope you guys like the story and my work. bye 4 now

8 comments:

Unknown said...

diggin all of these! Really love the color job on the top one


Kik ass post!

Pointpusher said...

Nice man. I didn't know you were a writer man. Let's get some fat caps and go bombing baby! :-) I know what you mean about graffiti being the root man. I am the same way. I've often thought of doing a 3-D piece like one from an old black-book. Keep up the good work man.

-D

DragonCypher said...

Hey, what's up man? This is Toyin, the black kid from MOCCA. I appreciate the dope sketch you did for me. You have given me more inspiration, haha. It was good conversing with you. Peace.

DragonCypher said...

Yeah man! Tokyo Godfathers is great. You have to see Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, and Paprika. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Just to let you know, those figures are pre-existing figures I just customize though. So, are you saying you want a small figure I have or a customized one(figure I paint on, etc.)? We can definitely work something out. Let me know.

Chris Dainty, Rita Street said...

Cool sketches, really fun!

Andrew Coats said...

nice sketches man! I can see the prigmore influence on the top one.

Chris Dainty, Rita Street said...

Awesome sketches! Great work!!

Unknown said...

I like the finish in the baseball pic. Quality stuff